land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Holy Cross Day thought

Sometimes it is easier to focus on the suffering, the agony of Jesus than it is to actually carry our own cross. If my focus on the cross of Jesus leads me to understand better His love and sacrifice and strengthens me to carry my own cross and follow him than what a blessing it is to see that cross of Christ. If the agony, the suffering and the tragedy of Christ is what I focus on with a sense of interest and or obsession or even as a diversion from the confronting present experience of Christ, than the cross will only be a side trip from my own fascinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...