land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Jan 2, 2012

There have been times when I have wanted to be bishop or at a large or prestigious church, or other times when I have longed to be recognized or felt considered on the larger stage of the church. It is always an ego need that sparks these feelings. There are times when I think I could do better, or perhaps have gifts that are important for the time. And there are times when living in a small town in a rural out of the way place feels forgotten, or left behind; especially as I watch others move on to larger venues. As I am preparing to finish up a score of years here in Thomaston I am aware of the great changes that have taken place in my life, the small and seemingly insignificant events that in fact have been pivotal to me and my faith. And even more so, as I look at the new calendar year ahead and start planning what I think needs to happen, I am reminded that it is more important to simply be open to how the Lord and his love are going to be manifest, than to be planning to make things happen. And in these thoughts am even more aware of the greatness, far an above any idle fantasy I may have, that is found in this simple place where I am, a place where God is waiting for me. Glorious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...