land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

hearing God some more

It is my experience that in order to hear God, I need to be especially observant; with a unbiased eye that will not just see what I want to see, but what is there before me. I need to let go of my desire to be heard in order to hear, and to be still long enough to actually observe, feel, sense and understand what is being said. Hearing God is not a passive experience, nor is it a simple process: though when God speaks, it is clear enough for any one of any ability to hear, if we so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...