land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

This is also the site where I will be updating and listing the schedule for my radio show, Words of the Morning, which can be heard on WRFR.org on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7 am until 8 am.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

dec 11 devotional

December 11: Psalm 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. As an artist I am always moved and fascinated by light, what it does, how it reflects, and how we are affected by it. We experience light, as it strikes an object and reflects towards our eyes and everywhere else with some of the rays absorbed and others reflected. And by what light is reflected we are able to determine the objects around us. So we see light, but we interpret and understand it through the objects it strikes and the pathways it journeys upon. Without light we will cease to be. When the sun shuts down its manufacturing capabilities we, too, will move on. The experience of God as the fountain of life and the source of light, from which all we see is derived, is crucial. As an artist I may paint a portrait, but also I paint the experience of God as revealed by the light of God’s life reflected off of the sitter, and onto me, with some absorbed, and some reflected. And how I experience it, and then reflect it in my art, again is all about the attempt to see God; and it is interpreted by the people whom God has touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...