land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

This is also the site where I will be updating and listing the schedule for my radio show, Words of the Morning, which can be heard on WRFR.org on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7 am until 8 am.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

dec 12 devotional

December 12: John 7:53-8:11 ‘Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her. There is an old joke about the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. After making this comment, a stone is thrown, Jesus turns around, see who threw it, and says, “Mother!”. It is no surprise it was a sexual sin that caused all the commotion. Such is true even to this day. It is my opinion, or experience, that so many of the sins we view as terrible are not seen so by God. In fact, most of the things I confess to God, and feel so badly about, are probably not even a concern to God. They are really just things that make me look bad, or not as good as I want others to see me. Rarely are my first regrets that I have not spent enough time in prayer, or that I haven’t been seeking longingly enough to deepen my relationship with God. In fact, forgetting to return a phone call will cause me to grieve more, than my drifting from my connection to God. So, not only should we be careful what sins we are crusading against, and where we are hurling our stones, but we should be mindful and concerned about that which is truly more important

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...