land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

Monday, December 3, 2012

tuesday advent devotional dec 4

December 4: Ecclesiastes 3:9-14 I know that whatever God does endures for ever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. Over the years I have watched a number of Presidents become very conscious of their legacy at the end of their term. When I was in college I was always aware of people who gave money to the school and had their name given to a building as a memorial. A few years ago, when they tore down the old RFK stadium in Washington, D.C., I was reminded of folly of holding on. I did not think this stadium was that old, but it was. All our buildings will go, our nations, our lives, all we hold dear. Eventually, we may simply be the fossils for some future fuel, like the dinosaurs became. And then there is the action of God, which endures forever. It may be a simple moment of epiphany down at the water while we sit alone. But the moment that is touched by God is forever emblazoned upon eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...