land of rest

Land of Rest is a blog of Peter Jenks. Poems, quotes and photos are by Peter Jenks (unless otherwise noted or I miss noting an older post's photo) and are copyrighted, you are free to use these if you acknowledge their source.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Many times I have cried to God,
And felt an empty silence.
Waiting for a reply,
Waiting for an answer.
Wondering why God is so quiet,
Such an introvert;
I suddenly realize how wrong I am.
God speaks constantly,
 and loves to talk,
loves to share,
everything,
all the time.
With every beam of light
Is a million reflections by God.
With every sound made
Is an echo of the divine,
With every movement
God moves closer.
And I wait
And listen
And only want to hear
What I want to hear.
God doesn’t stop,
Nor cease to share
Every blade of grass that can be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...